PickUp USA Fitness is currently hiring a full-time basketball trainer that will perform various duties at our fast-growing fitness club.
Who We Are
PickUp USA Fitness is a fast-growing basketball-focused fitness club. Our unique club provides our members with a full weight-room and cardio area, luxury lounges, shooting machines, and several basketball courts.
We are passionate about delivering an unmatched basketball-focused fitness club experience to our members. To do this, we strive to maintain an immaculately clean club that operates one-of-a-kind basketball related services. One of these services is our Officiated PickUp Games. We run back-to-back-to-back organized 10-minute basketball games with 2 referees daily. In addition, we run daily group training sessions and offer private training packages to members looking to take their game to the next level! The latter will be the Trainer’s primary focus.
Our Core Mission
Deliver A Better Way to Play!TM
Our Core Values
· We are Humble
· We are Hungry
· We are Smart
· We are Honorable
Make a difference every day while building an exciting career in basketball & fitness. You will complete a comprehensive paid training program that, upon successful completion, will set the foundation of success for you as our Trainer/Coach.
You will assist the management team in nurturing a fun, friendly, and clean environment. More specifically, you will be the heart and soul of our one-of-a-kind Youth Development League and Private Training Services. Functions that are integral to our Core Mission of delivering A Better Way to Play!TM
As a Basketball Trainer at PickUp USA Fitness you will work one-on-one and in small groups with members to help them achieve their basketball/fitness objectives. Be the spark that inspires someone to keep training, to try harder, and be the best they can possible be.
As a Coach, you will run weekly Team Practices, Skills Clinics, and League Games for our Youth Development League. Instill values of hard work, teamwork, sportsmanship, and overall development on and off the court for our Youth Athletes.
We will help you advance your career through our development program and provide you access to our countless list of prospective clients.
The Trainer’s primary responsibilities include the following:
· Conduct a fun and engaging Team Practices and Basketball Skills Clinics that challenges our Youth Athletes to reach their basketball goals
· Conduct goal-oriented one-on-one private training sessions focused on client objectives
· Prospect relentlessly to grow the pipeline of potential clients
· Assist GM in meeting operational PickUp USA Fitness Brand Standards
· Assist GMs in meeting financial goals through Private Training and YDL membership sales
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Expertise in Basketball/Fitness
· Knowledge of safe exercise techniques and principles
· Ability to effectively demonstrate all skills being taught
· Outgoing, energetic, and thrives in performing in front of an audience
· Experience in running or being part of group workouts
· Eager learner able to follow directions
· Punctual and able to project a professional image through dress, behavior, and attitude
· Ability to deal with a diverse member base
· Ability to deal with all age groups
· Experience in customer-facing position with demonstrated customer-service skills
· Experience in prospecting and sales with demonstrated strong communication skills
Minimum Educational Level
· High School Diploma
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications
· Expertise in basketball training
· Expertise in fitness training
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions
· Ability to work in fitness club; move about club floors and rooms; review, revise, create club paperwork; communicate with employees, members, prospects, club owner, & vendors
· Required to demonstrate or explain proper physical fitness/basketball activities, techniques, and procedures
· Ability to communicate telephonically with members and prospects
· Ability to access and operate Company computer systems including preparing documents, entering data into computer systems, reading reports from a computer data base or email system
· While performing the duties of this job, regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts
· Ability to work a varied schedule to support the needs of the business, including frequent extended workdays, and weekends and holidays may be required
· Demonstrable expertise in basketball is required
· Hour-long Practices, Clinics, and Games – Weekday afternoons and weekend mornings
· Flex Hours based on your Private Training Schedule
· Coaching base pay plus bonuses
· Private training base pay
· Complimentary gym membership for you and a friend
· Advancement opportunities
Club Advantages for Trainer
· Clean and fully equipped training facility that houses the following amenities
· Multiple courts
· Functional training area
· Cardio equipment
· Machine & free weights
· Shoot-A-Way Gun
· Air Conditioning/Heating
· Hundreds of potential clients available for prospecting
Action Items to Apply
In your Resume, please highlight past sales, and most importantly, basketball/fitness-related experiences that showcase your qualifications to help lead our team and deliver world-class basketball-focused fitness services to our members.
For more details about us, please visit our website: www.pickupusafitness.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties, and skills required. The incumbent may be expected to perform other duties as assigned. This job may be reviewed as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity.